You will often hear it said that you will be pleasantly surprised at the end of your procedure as to how easy it was! To that end, here are some helpful suggestions.
- Take all of your daily medication as prescribed by your physician unless otherwise instructed by our office.
- Have all of your prescriptions filled prior to your appointment for your convenience.
- Take your pain medication or Tylenol (if not contraindicated by your physician) 1 (one) hour before your appointment.
- If you have been instructed to do so by your medical doctor, take your premedication antibiotic 1 (one) hour before your appointment.
Preparing for your Meals:
- For the first 24 hours after your procedure you will be restricted to cold or room temperature soft food.
- Have items like yogurt, cottage cheese, applesauce, soups that you can eat at room temperature, mashed potatoes, and scrambled eggs on hand.
- It is important that you eat well during healing. Now is not the time to diet!
- Eat a healthy meal as normal before you come to our office.
When you return home:
- ICE PACKS-You will be given gel packs to put in the freezer to use throughout the day, however if you have a bag of frozen vegetables you may use that while they cool.
- Have cold drinks available, do not drink through a straw, to help control oozing.
- Please refrain from vigorous exercise for 48 hours or as instructed at the time of surgery.
- If you need us, please call Boca Raton Office Phone Number 561-394-4519.
Post Surgical Instructions for Extractions, Implants, Sinus Lifts
The following information will help you properly take care of your mouth after surgery.
You will be prescribed a number of medications. Please follow the Doctors directions. These usually consist of an antibiotic, pain medication, oral mouth rinse, and / or antihistamine (sinus lifts only).
To minimize swelling, ice packs should be utilized as soon after the procedure as possible. The ice should be placed on the area for 15 minutes and removed for 15 minutes continuously until bedtime. Swelling may occur either immediately or several days afterward and may last for several days. When swelling is present 24 hours after the procedure, apply moist heat to the area.
Some blood may be noticeable in your saliva for a few hours; this is normal. If excessive bleeding begins, take several mouthfuls of ice water and hold in the area of the surgical site. Do not flush vigorously. Also sit quietly in an upright position.
Please do not rinse, spit out, smoke, drink through a straw or suck on hard candy or ice for 24 hours. You need to start rinsing the next day with warm salt water
(ltsp. to 8 oz of water) 2 times per day as well as Periogard Rx 2 times per day. The Periogard may be swabbed instead of rinsing.
It will be most comfortable to eat soft foods for the first week and always eat on the opposite side of the surgical site. Do not drink hot liquids for 24 hours after surgery.
Sinus lift patients ONLY:
- Do not bend over to lift things.
- Do not blow your nose.
- Do not attempt to sneeze.
If you need us, please call Boca Raton Office Phone Number 561-394-4519. During your office visit, we will also give you Dr. Rosa’s cell phone number in case of emergency.